Monday, July 1, 2013

Meet the correspondents : Perry Chow


  

Perry Chow


Whether group or solo sketching, I enjoy feeling different beats of a city and planning how to capture my impression. Urban sketching has embedded my life and has become my regular activity ever since I found the Urban Sketchers on Flickr in 2007. I have to admit that it is addictive as I spent hours on Flickr daily. It is so amazing to see the world in this way, and the sketches are very inspiring. I joined Hong Kong Sketching Society in 2009. In 2010, my first book “Sketching | Impression of life”, collecting my sketches of Hong Kong, was launched. In 2012, one of my works was selected for the publication “The Art of Urban Sketching”. 

Only a few days after touching down Toronto in 2010, I attended my first sketching event hosted by the Toronto Plein Air Painting group at the AGO and later became part of the Toronto Urban Sketchers as well as the OPAS. Meeting like-minded artists drives my insistence in exploring Toronto altogether. Toronto is a city you would never get tired of capturing because of its endless themes and diversity. I do both drawing and watercolour paintings, depending on the time and location.

No comments:

Post a Comment