Monday, July 1, 2013

Meet the Correspondents : Collin Zhou

Collin Zhou 

BLOG FACEBOOK

I love creating all sorts of fantastical, video-game inspired designs. Years ago, I committed to drawing from real life as a way to fortify my skills and expand my visual library. Urban sketching has been a necessary part of that process. As part the Toronto Urban Sketching community, I really enjoyed exploring the city and trading stories with fellow artists. Over time, I came to appreciate drawing on location as a fun social activity rather than just a training regime. 

Coming from a technical background and focusing on design, my sketches focus more on line and structure, the relationship between objects. Although I'm trying to diversify, my technique has focused on the speed and convenience of capturing these elements.


No comments:

Post a Comment