Monday, July 1, 2013

Meet the Correspondent : Ken Yuen


Ken Yuen

BLOG | WEBSITE | TWITTER | FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
Born in Hong Kong, and immigrating to Canada at the age of 7, I have always dreamed of being an artist one day. I would bring my pens and pencils wherever I go and doodle on whatever I could find. Instead of going to Art school, I decided to study Computer Science in hopes for a more stable career.    But back in 2012, I decided to challenge myself and sell original watercolor postcards in exchange for donations to a charity. To keep the challenge as authentic as possible, all of the postcards were drawn on-site. The subjects for each postcard were places of interest around Toronto, because I find Toronto is full of interesting places and I love discovering the hidden gems in different neighborhoods! The challenge was an overwhelming success, and it reignited my passion for art. Since then, I have joined the Toronto Chapter of Urban Sketchers in hopes to meet and learn from fellow artists, and started my art business – dreamsouth – selling my line of Paper Goods to people that enjoys my art.





No comments:

Post a Comment